You can add a booking form to your website, to receive booking requests through. To do this go into your back office and click Bookings > Booking widget setup from the left hand navigation. Or select bookings from the set up module.
The widget tab will display. At the top of the widget tab, will be the booking widget script, that you or your web developer can add to your website.
Alternatively you can link directly to your booking form URL, from your website or social media accounts. Your booking URL also provides an easy way to place a test booking so you can see how these appear in your Back Office when customers make booking requests.
Below the widget you will see the Form details set up, where you can specify the title of the form, an introduction, and the label for the submit button.
Booking availability & times
You will now need to add your booking availability & times. If you haven't already set your service times, you can create them by clicking the blue Add new times button.
To add your booking times, return back to the Booking widget setup & scroll down to Booking availability times.
Click in the Booking availability times dropdown box & select the service times you would like to use for bookings.
You can then set the following options relating to your booking availability:
- Availability start date - Optionally specify a date at which you are starting to accept bookings
- Booking interval (mins) - the time interval between between each booking slot the customer can select
- Enable real-time availability checking - Enable this if you would like to prevent customers from making booking requests if you do not have any availability. See Setting up real time availability
- Include joining tables - Enable this, to allow the realtime availability checker, to show availability where multiple free tables could accommodate a booking
- Show as - This is the text that will be shown to your guests, if you turn the include joining tables feature on
- Arrival max covers - The maximum number of covers that you cab accommodate to arrive at the same time
Next you can select from a number of configuration options.
Enable covers selection - Allows the user to select how many covers in between the min and max you specify
Enable duration selection - Allows the user to select the duration of their booking in between the min and max you specify
If you turn off the duration selection, you will be prompted to enter a default duration for all bookings.
When you have finished adding the details press the save button.
Finally you can add a tick box for guests to agree to receive marketing from you, along with some text to let them know what you would like to send them.
Note: The marketing checkbox will not determine whether customers receive confirmation, reminder or follow emails so you should not rely on explicit marketing consent to send these. It's a good idea to inform the customer (separately to the marketing checkbox text) that you can contact them in order to facilitate their booking.
Once the widget is live on your website you will be able to receive booking requests directly in TabHub. See Receiving and managing booking requests.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article