You can manage your printers from the admin screen of any EPOS iPad by pressing the 'Printers' button.
Current printer list
You will be presented with a list of currently configured printers along with some useful information for each printer. This list will include any previously discovered printers, even if they are currently offline.
- Friendly name - you can change this by clicking through to the printer detail page
- Model - the model of the printer
- Mac address - a unique identifier for the printer (network printer only)
- IP address - the IP address the printer currently has on your network (network printer only)
- Offline indicator - An indicator to warn you if the printer is offline
- Error indicator - An indicator to warn you if there is an error with the printer
- Jobs assigned to the printer - A list of jobs currently allocated to the printer e.g. receipt printing or auto printing of food tickets
Scanning for printers
You can scan for any changes to the existing printers by clicking the refresh icon in the top right corner.
This will update the printer list with any errors. If any of the printers cannot be reached the status will change to offline.
Adding a printer
You can add a new printer by clicking the + button in the top right corner. This will scan for any printers that can be detected, which could include:
- Ethernet printers – printers that connect to an ethernet port on your network. Note, these will need to be on the same network as the wireless network that your iPad is connected to in order to be discovered.
- USB (Direct connect) printers – connects directly to the iPad using the lightning cable
Any new printers will show in the list with the model number, followed by the printers current IP address and MAC address.
Any printers that are already added will show "Already added".
When you select a printer to add you will be prompted to give the printer a name. This should be a friendly name that will help you know which printer this is in the future, such as "Upstairs bar drinks" or "Kitchen printer".
Once you have entered a name for the printer you will be taken to the printer edit screen and the printer will appear in your printer list.
Editing a printer
After adding a new printer, or by clicking on any of the printers you can edit the name of the printer, and assign print jobs to it.
You can assign any printer any number of the following print jobs:
- This device:
- auto print food - print specified number of food tickets for any orders put through on this device only
- auto print drink - print specified number of drink tickets for any orders put through on this device only
- receipts - print receipts for orders put through on this device (when receipts are printed will depend on your receipt settings)
- Site level
- auto print food - print specified number of food tickets for any food orders that don't have a device level auto print food set
- auto print drink - print specified number of drink tickets for any drink orders that don't have a device level auto print drink set
- auto print online food - print specified number of food tickets for any online food orders (received from mobile ordering or an integrated delivery service)
- auto print online drink - print specified number of drink tickets for any online drink orders (received from mobile ordering or an integrated delivery service)
Note, a device level auto_print setting will override any site level setting for orders put through on that device.
When you have assigned any necessary jobs to the printer, and made any amendments necessary, press the Done button.
Once you have finished making any changes to printers, press the 'Save' button that will have appeared at the bottom of the printer list.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article